For visitors looking to stay in the area, there are a number of good hotels in various price ranges.
- In Wentworth itself, the Rockingham Arms has accomodation in a block of converted cottages across the road from the pub. Phone 01226 742075 for details.
- In nearby Tankersley, the Tankersley Manor Hotel and Conference Centre offers pricier and (presumably) more luxurious accomodation. Phone 01226 744700
- Also at Tankersley you will find the confusingly named Wentworth Travel Inn, which we assume offers the same good but basic standard of accomodation as all the other Travel Inns in the country.
- Between Chapeltown and Hood Hill, the Norfolk Arms pub has a modern accomodation annexe. Phone 0114 240 2016.
- For those looking for a “country house” style hotel, the 3* Whitley Hall Hotel, near Grenoside is a good choice. Phone 0114 245 4444.
- A new hotel Park Inn Rothertham has opened serving the Wath/Manvers business area close to Wentworth. Visit here for details.
Please note that the author has never actually stayed in any of these places, so any feedback from anyone who has would be most welcome!